Anyone have a potbelly pig?

Quote:
We have Potbelly and Kune Kune pigs- they are locked in a pen for the winter, but otherwise they free range on our farm. Our neighbors a couple miles away also have several that free range around their farm. But we usually don't have to worry about dog's and the coyotes have easier meals than a pig around here.

If your looking for a friend- we have 2 Kune Kune girls that were in the petting zoo last summer which we are selling at our auction this weekend. And there are buyers coming from TN so could possibly arrange transport.

1kunekune.jpg

Do you have pictures of your kune kunes?

For the ones that let them range, do they ruin the grass? She has torn up our backyard -- but it's only about .15 acre, whereas at the new house she'll have about 2 acres of yard/pasture and even more if she wanders into the horse pasture.

Here's a picture of my piggy-man, Harley
big_smile.png
Sorry to hear having a house piggy didn't work, I absolutely love having mine in and around the house! ((He's truely a mama's boy though!)) He plays, grazes and lays around in the back yard with my Am.Bulldog all day and comes in when we're home for the evening. My husband turned half of our shed into "their space" and they have a heater in there for winter!

79902_harley_24.jpg

Catching a snooze in my lap - He's got a rough life, I'm sorry you had to witness it
tongue2.gif

79902_harley2.jpg

Silly boy, has to be in my lap at all times
big_smile.png

I have a miniature pot belly
smile.png
Her name is Ruby... She was raised in the house but is now an inside outside pig...she comes in when Im home and shes still potty trained to go to the door when she needs out. Pot bellies have minds of their own and are very smart...we have 200 acres and mine roams when Im out and about in the barn. I have two dogs ( a rottweiler and a doberman) however who run loose with her and keep predators like coyotes away. Ruby has never taken off and comes when shes called.....as long as you have a bucket of feed or an apple
big_smile.png
We also have a fenced dog/pig run that is half crusher dust so it dosn't get muddy and has shelters for the dog and piggy and they can go to the back where it is ground area where ruby can root and do her thing.

im too new to this site for it to let me post pictures
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom