1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have a thought as to what breed these are?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by HiddenFlockEC, Apr 15, 2016.

1. HiddenFlockEC

HiddenFlockEC Out Of The Brooder

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone would happen to know what breed of ducks these are? I got them last week from a friend and she had no idea what they were.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ghibli

Ghibli Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2016
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Hi! :)
    I think the darker one looks like a Khaki Campbell, I'm much less sure about the other one...could it be something like a Saxony? I haven't seen many of them as ducklings but the few pictures I get from looking it up seem somewhat close.
    They're so cute, I love those little feet, and the markings on the lighter one are adorable.

3. HiddenFlockEC

@Ghibli I was thinking the same for the brown one too. But these are the first ducks I have ever own, let alone raised, so I figured I would ask those with more experience.

4. HiddenFlockEC

It's been six weeks since I got these fellas. I'm positive the brown duck is a Campbell. This one, I haven't been able to match up with anything as of yet. I thinking some type of Mallard but I haven't come across any with the gold color before. If anyone has an ideas it would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

5. Doro

Doro Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2016
    Saxony?

6. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    Im gonna guess the same and say Saxony.

7. HiddenFlockEC

Thanks, tough to tell when they are little and have zero experience with ducks. It's been fun learning though.

8. dotknott

dotknott Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    Rhode Island
    My Coop
    Saxony
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by