Anyone have any examples of homemade still air incubators?

If you want better hatches go a head and put a fan in it. I have better hatcher since I added a fan. All you need is a computer fan and a cell phone charger.

Last edited:
I love the bator very simple.

I have considered putting a fan it but I'm not sure yet. I'm hopefully building it this weekend and I'll be able to set it up and test it out before eggs go in it on the 6th.

Do I just splice the car charger and the fan together?

Hmmm guess I need to start looking for all those old phone chargers. LOL. Thanks for the advice. I'll post some pics when i start putting it together.

Another question is there such a thing as an open top or partial open top bator?

Be sure that the fan voltage is not lower than the voltage from the wall charger; otherwise the fan motor may burn out. If the charger voltage is lower than the fan voltage, the fan will run slower, but that may be okay. If the charger voltage is lots lower than the fan voltage, the fan may not run at all. Also make sure that both charger and fan are either both AC or both DC. Also, if the charger current out is less than the fan requires, the charger may burn out. Bottom line is that you really should match the voltage and current from the wall wart to the fan you are using.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom