ANYONE HAVE EGGS DUE!! CHARTS ON PAGE ONE POST ONE!! NEWCOMERS WELCOME!!!

I don't think candling hurts the eggs ( as long as it is done fast and you don't drop the egg ...lol). I always over candle mine and somethimes I have good hatches and sometimes I don't.
I am sorry to hear about your friend's hens..That's sooooo sad!

ya he just gave me 7 more eggs. my bators a little full but in a few days it wont be. im sure not all the eggs are fertile. lol Any signs of growth in ur eggs yet??

I don't think candling hurts the eggs ( as long as it is done fast and you don't drop the egg ...lol). I always over candle mine and somethimes I have good hatches and sometimes I don't.
I am sorry to hear about your friend's hens..That's sooooo sad!

ya he just gave me 7 more eggs. my bators a little full but in a few days it wont be. im sure not all the eggs are fertile. lol Any signs of growth in ur eggs yet??

I haven't candle them yet. Today is only day 3. I will probably will take a peak tonight. Don't know if I will be able to see anything as those eggs are kind of dark. I will let you know. How are yours doing?

Just candle my eggs. None of them seem to be fertile (except for maybe one mystery barnyard egg). Those were shipped eggs I bought from someone here at BYC. So disappointed.
hit.gif
I guess I will give them a few more days...but not very hopeful. ow are yours doing??

Just candle my eggs. None of them seem to be fertile (except for maybe one mystery barnyard egg). Those were shipped eggs I bought from someone here at BYC. So disappointed.
hit.gif
I guess I will give them a few more days...but not very hopeful. ow are yours doing??

i candled them..not all of them. i was afraid of the temp dropping to much. all but a few of the ones i checked were good, threw out 4. one was good but i dropped it
he.gif
. it didnt crack but it detached the embryo and killed it. I hope urs are ok.!!!

Mind if I join in? I set 8 welsummer eggs I got off of Ebay on the 15th. I'm doing a staggered hatch with other eggs I put in on the 8th. I wanted to mention that I havn't even touched my welsummer eggs to candle. It's way to early especially with dark eggs. I can't see veining in the dark eggs so I usually wait at least a week and look to see if its getting darker in there as well as a good air cell. I would say to be patient with yours as well. Good things come to those that wait!

Last edited:
Mind if I join in? I set 8 welsummer eggs I got off of Ebay on the 15th. I'm doing a staggered hatch with other eggs I put in on the 8th. I wanted to mention that I havn't even touched my welsummer eggs to candle. It's way to early especially with dark eggs. I can't see veining in the dark eggs so I usually wait at least a week and look to see if its getting darker in there as well as a good air cell. I would say to be patient with yours as well. Good things come to those that wait!

yup u can join. :D anyone can. Hope ur eggs do well and all develope!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom