Anyone have faverolles?

HannaKessler

Songster
Feb 22, 2018
I am considering these guys for my next flock because they are just so darling. Anyone who has them please share pictures and stories of their personalities.

Also, where did you buy them?

I have rooster and he has a awesome personality! Really calm boy, nice with humans! He and my bantam Cochin were trying to reestablish pecking order after the Cochin got injured and was just re-introduced. He got a little aggressive then and we had to remove the Cochin and put him with the girls just because the size difference was too much and we didn't want the Cochin seriously injured. But that's just normal rooster stuff so nothing to him! He's beautiful as well! I really recommend this breed! Here's pics;
IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_3545.JPG
:love

Oh and forgot to mention, probably their ONLY con in my opinion is they're nervous birds..like scardy cats, lol! My roo (Winston, forgot to mention his name) will let me touch and handle him but he's scared of leaves.:gig

I got him from cackle hatchery if I can remember correctly...

Oh and forgot to mention, probably their ONLY con in my opinion is they're nervous birds..like scardy cats, lol! My roo (Winston, forgot to mention his name) will let me touch and handle him but he's scared of leaves.:gig

I got him from cackle hatchery if I can remember correctly...
Lol that's hilarious. Your bird is so pretty!

Oh lordy, you rang? @Smuvers Farm .Faverolles are sweet, slow moving and well umm...special. They get lost in flower pots and will stay there all night because they forget they have reverse. They love to jump in your lap and have you rub their beards and they talk constantly.If they are unhappy they scream, if they are angry they stomp. If it snows you will be carrying them to and from the coop.They are not afraid of anything and will absolutely get themselves into trouble. Hens seem to have a mandatory two hour eggsong.The roosters are awesome, more like having a feather dog than a rooster not aggressive at all "except to Christmas decorations " and very gentlemanly and patient. I got my two hens and rooster as eggs from MPC last year, I'm hatching their first babies this year @Smuvers Farm is hatching some of my eggs too so she's about to have the faverolles experience. BTW, now I don't call them faverolles, I call them derps. You'll totally get it once you have some. ;)
20180215_161815.jpg
20180215_160357.jpg
20171005_152832.jpg
20171026_142209.jpg
20171026_142005.jpg
20171005_153154.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom