Anyone have good results with little giant still air incubator?

That's the same incubator I'm using. I go the egg turner accessory too. The instructions said to set it up and get the temp regulated 6-8 hours before putting the eggs in it. Which I did. Once I got the temp to stay at 99.5 I just unplugged it. I didn't turn the knob. So when I was ready to put my eggs in it, I just plugged it back in for a few hours and let it get back to 99.5. I also put water in the bottom so the humidity would be right too, with the egg truner in it. Then I put my eggs in on 3/3 and now I wait to see if they hatch....
fl.gif

I hatched over 120 chicks with 1 last year. The first hatch I lost several while piping due to lack of air flow. So I slightly enlarged the holes that were in it. Also mist the eggs once every few days if your turning by hand. Egg cartons make great egg turners. You can turn the eggs 12 @ a time.

I just used one for my first hatch and I had all nine eggs hatch. I do stay home and watched it constantly. I did have the bottom filled with water at all times, and when it was time to lock down, I put a couple of sponges in there to keep the humidity up. Definitely wasn't a set it and forget it. Good luck!!

I am currently on hatch number 4. I don't have the fan in mine either. It is touchy as far as keeping your humidity and temp right, but I have had good hatches with it. I am day 13 today and all 30 eggs are developing nicely.

Quote:
I had terrible results! I even had a turner. I sold it and just bought the Genisis and set my first hatch with that. We shall see the difference in about 20 days!

i had better results when i i stopped using the turner, so i i guess everyone has different experiences

L/G's are all we use, but then we also sell them and the accesories. Last year we hatched over 600 chicks in still airs.
The trick is to get them in a draft free area. The turner is a great investment as it saves lots of time and trouble.

Remember that still air must be 101-102 degrees at the top of the eggs, not 99.5, which is for circulated air bators. Most still airs are prone to sudden temperature spikes so you'll have to babysit this one.

Back
Top Bottom