1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have leftovers?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CTChickenMom, Jan 18, 2009.

1. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    I'm looking for someone in SE CT who may have roofing materials and leftover hardware cloth from home/coop construction that they be willing to let go of free or cheaply. I'm trying to minimize coop building cost in this age of recession. I figured recycling and reusing is a good way to go. I have a door, and windows for the girls new home, also have someone to barter for lumber. PM me and let me know...we have truck and garden trailer to take it away. Thanks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Have you tried you local freecycle? You might find someone on there that has some extra's that they could spare. Also try calling around to some contractors or roofing companies. A lot of times they will have extra's.

Good luck to you! [​IMG]

3. MissJames

MissJames Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Coastal SC
    Quote:Definitely get on freecycle.com in your area and ask.
    Also call local construction companies.My husbands company keeps a bin outside their shop where they put good scrap material for people to take [SC...sorry]
    Let everyone on your e-mail list know what you are doing.I bet you come up with all kinds of stuff [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by