Anyone have luck catching a feral chicken?? UPDATE: Rooster caught, no hen

I eat turkey all the time.. used to have a store that would quarter the frozen ones for me around the holidays.. I would get 3 during the season... they are no longer in busniss
much easier now that I have my own....I put each leg quarter in a bag and cook the breast... put some cooked breast in the freezer... and it's just me lol
Even if we are having Thanksgiving dinner at family's house, I get sale turkey and make it the next weekend, so we can have the leftovers! Turkey sandwiches after thanksgiving are a tradition!

I call it "pseudo-winter."

Every now and then the north lets out a poot that makes it all the way to my house.

It gets cold enough to disrupt my routine and make me "winterize" things, then for a few days it's really cold, and sometimes things even freeze, but it doesn't stay.

Everyone makes a gumbo, we all complain about the weather, and try not to go outside because Cajuns are like Bambi when it comes to ice. Especially driving. Then it's back in the 70 & 80s within a few days and the mosquitoes are especially hungry because they haven't eaten in a few days.

That's basically "winter" in Louisiana.

You have winter in Louisiana?

I call it "pseudo-winter."

Every now and then the north lets out a poot that makes it all the way to my house.

It gets cold enough to disrupt my routine and make me "winterize" things, then for a few days it's really cold, and sometimes things even freeze, but it doesn't stay.

Everyone makes a gumbo, we all complain about the weather, and try not to go outside because Cajuns are like Bambi when it comes to ice. Especially driving. Then it's back in the 70 & 80s within a few days and the mosquitoes are especially hungry because they haven't eaten in a few days.

That's basically "winter" in Louisiana.
I'm from a cold place but have lived all over.
I love to SEE snow, especially when it's falling.
I love to SMELL snow because it's a smell like no other and you can SMELL it before it even starts falling from the sky.
I love to HEAR snow because if you stand out in it when it's falling, and listen verrrrrry close, you can hear each flake as it lands and all the millions of flakes make just the tiniest of clinks as they work together to cover up everything around you in a blanket of quiet.

I just hate shoveling! :confused:

I just gotta say: I love this thread. You are my PEEPS!!! Best. Random. Thread. Ever. :wee

(does anyone else's SO grumble about the ridiculous amount of time you all spend on here? I find myself sneaking a peak, and typing quietly sometimes, when he turns his back. Like a true junkie.)
I get the "what are you doing?" Then 20 min later "Are you still talking chicken!?!"

@pitbullmomma I agree! And yes! DH is a casualty of the Squatch Thread.

He has a few hunting and bass boat forums he checks sometimes so he understands how forums and such work. He is in awe a.) at the sheer amount of time I dedicate to BYC site and thread, and b.) how long this thread has gone for.

But I can't help it! You folks really are the best!

My favorite thing to do in the evening after DD is asleep is say I'm going "close my coop" and then I go sit in my coop and indulge in BYC with wreckless abandon!

Sad but true story... all of my conversations start with, "So, my Chicken friends on my chicken site said/did..."

View attachment 1174194

I start sentences the same way. "In the thread online at BYC...."

9fe6a6345988ba86e248bc22d41ee0e4.jpg
This is a naked neck I could have. Reminds me of a poodle when they give them those strange hair cuts. LOL

I think @DesertChic has naked naked necks w/ clothing for the winter

LOL! No clothing on my NNs. Their feathers are all the coverage they get, and since our AZ winters are so mild that's always more than enough. You might be confusing me with @Kassaundra. She has completely naked, scaleless chickens and makes outfits for them all the time.

I wish I was as elegant and refined as this chicken!

I get the "what are you doing?" Then 20 min later "Are you still talking chicken!?!"

I start sentences the same way. "In the thread online at BYC...."

View attachment 1174263
This is a naked neck I could have. Reminds me of a poodle when they give them those strange hair cuts. LOL

Back
Top Bottom