Anyone have pics of Speckled Sussex crosses?

Quote:
Here are the same two stags almost two months later.

I don't know that I want to pass the comb genetics that resulted in this along to my Sussex crosses.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjctMjAxMTA3MzEtMDkxNC5qcGc.jpg

The white stag has a smaller frame and is not as muscular.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjktMjAxMTA3MzEtMDkxNS5qcGc.jpg

One of the Sussex pullets.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNzAtMjAxMTA3MzEtMDkxNi5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I've had this girl for a while and I wasn't told her breed we I asked my community groups if they knew and they all said speckled Sussex but she is a bantam and I thought speckled Sussex were average sized chickens? I am trying to post more pics of her but it will only allow me to post 1 at a time
[/IMG]

Ressurrecting an older thread since I feel like contributing my own SS roo crosses. They're only 2 weeks old at this point (will hopefully get their 2 week pics tomorrow or Monday, the 16th) but we gotta start somewhere, right?

I think this is my cross with my lighter red sex link, Dolly. Day 1 on left and 1 Week on Right.

This is my easter egger cross with my SS roo. Day 1 on left, 1 Week on right.

Dark Cornish cross.

This is Red. I'm convinced he's a he already. Came out the egg with a big ol' comb and his behavior seems very roo-ish to me already. I also love him. He's from my darker red sex link.

This is my sex link cross, I'm pretty sure. Barred Rock was the mom, so I have at least one girl!

And finally, my Australorp cross.

I really can't wait to see what they grow up to look like and who winds up being what!

Last edited:
Iprybby, do you have updated pictures of these crosses?

Why yes, yes I do!

Easter Egger X SS
20170409-IMG_9985.jpg

Red Sex Link X SS
20170428_193711.jpg

Black Australorp X SS cockerel (I thought this was my sex link - turns out I hatched two BA eggs and none from my Barred Rock! Ugh!)
20170502_191809.jpg

Group photo of a few of the girls, further descriptions below.
20170521_165930.jpg

Red Sex Link X SS (Golden Comet variety - look at that lacy stuff going on on her cushion/saddle feathers!)
20170611_165709.jpg

Black Australorp X SS Pullet
20170611-IMG_1003.jpg

Dark Cornish X SS
20170708-IMG_1552.jpg

Back
Top Bottom