Anyone here who lives in Cornelius, Oregon? We may need to Unite! Trouble may be coming our way!!

My Hens and Roo

Songster
7 Years
Nov 11, 2012
Cornelius Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
I just found this Oregon thread. I have been cited on a noise ordinance. The lady who lives next door to me is the street ''nut''! She hates the neighborhood children, the dogs, the cats, the chickens...her husband, children and grandchildren. Either she hates everyone or she just gets her kicks by making an ordeal out of anything and everything. Poor Thing.
As far as we here are concerned. A lot of attention has been made of my flock and my little neighbor's 3 hens because of this lady. She calls the police constantly using valuable resources. Actually, since the Washington County Sheriff has taken over I have actually experienced kindness, respect and even some understanding...Much more than I received from the now defunked Cornelius City Police Dept.

There is NO chicken or Rooster ordinance in Cornelius. There is however, rumor that the city counsel wants to ADDRESS this ''issue'', and it doesn't sound positive!!
If you live here, then you know what a mockery our City Counsel can make out of.....Anything!
Please post here and let's get a leg up on them.

I would only fear the law of roosters becoming a bind since a lot of cities already have this rule. Not sure about an all chicken ban.

I would only fear the law of roosters becoming a bind since a lot of cities already have this rule. Not sure about an all chicken ban.
Word on the street is "they don't want to mess with chickens at all!" Of course once a final decision would become an ordinance it would have to be passed before the higher ups at the county level. It's interesting that here in all of Washington County, any area that is not annexed are allowed to keep roosters...no limit and that includes the city of Aloha which is nestled in between two rather large cities but not annexed. Our city police dept. went debunked as of July 1st because of some pretty heavy duty squabbling.. At that time, Washington County Sheriff Dept. took over. I was visited by several of the new deputies, the Sergeant and the Lieutenant, and all were very nice. They didn't care one bit about my rooster, in fact only one of the officers ever heard him crow. What they did care about was the one neighbor lady who constantly called in using their resources...over a chicken
It's going to be interesting..

Back
Top Bottom