Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Hi friends.I have a small order of 5 female Barred Rock chicks coming.Because the order is so small my hatch date and ship date is April 11th .AWWWWWWWW!! Talk about wait!! I ordered from Meyer hatchery. I was able to get the chicks vaccinated for Mareks disease for ONLY one dollar per bird!! totally and completely worth it if you ask me!! I've given the injections for Mareks myself in the past and it costs A LOT more to do it yourself so I was very happy to know they offered it so affordable. Because my order is so small only 5 I'm PRAYING they ALL make the shipping!! I just can't afford to loose ANY! I probably should have ordered a few extra in case, in hindsight.When I get paid I might add a couple more, in case. I choose Meyer because I've always gotten their catalog among others and decided to give them a try. I'm VERY nervous about the shipping trip with all the horror stories I've read about. I choose the Barred Rock because it's my husbands favorite breed also they are considered docile and I already have Silkies and need another "docile" breed. I do want them to eventually integrate if possible. My silkies usually were brooded in a HUGE watermelon box in my spare bedroom. However this go around I can't use that room because my daughter is moving back home pregnant and due in June. So these are going to be brooded in my small laundry room. I also have a tub that's been modified into a brooder. it's not NEAR as large as the watermelon box but it will do.it has a cage covered top and I have a large brooder warm light with adjustable lamp stand. I have a Thermometer to monitor the heat lamps temperature for the warm area of the brooder. I have the baby waterers and feeders. The warm light is a large red warming light.. I have such a wait. I even counted back to when my eggs will be set in the incubator next month!! Talk about excited!!

Hi friends.I have a small order of 5 female Barred Rock chicks coming.Because the order is so small my hatch date and ship date is April 11th .AWWWWWWWW!! Talk about wait!! I ordered from Meyer hatchery. I was able to get the chicks vaccinated for Mareks disease for ONLY one dollar per bird!! totally and completely worth it if you ask me!! I've given the injections for Mareks myself in the past and it costs A LOT more to do it yourself so I was very happy to know they offered it so affordable. Because my order is so small only 5 I'm PRAYING they ALL make the shipping!! I just can't afford to loose ANY! I probably should have ordered a few extra in case, in hindsight.When I get paid I might add a couple more, in case. I choose Meyer because I've always gotten their catalog among others and decided to give them a try. I'm VERY nervous about the shipping trip with all the horror stories I've read about. I choose the Barred Rock because it's my husbands favorite breed also they are considered docile and I already have Silkies and need another "docile" breed. I do want them to eventually integrate if possible. My silkies usually were brooded in a HUGE watermelon box in my spare bedroom. However this go around I can't use that room because my daughter is moving back home pregnant and due in June. So these are going to be brooded in my small laundry room. I also have a tub that's been modified into a brooder. it's not NEAR as large as the watermelon box but it will do.it has a cage covered top and I have a large brooder warm light with adjustable lamp stand. I have a Thermometer to monitor the heat lamps temperature for the warm area of the brooder. I have the baby waterers and feeders. The warm light is a large red warming light.. I have such a wait. I even counted back to when my eggs will be set in the incubator next month!! Talk about excited!!
My first chicks were from Meyers, and so is my upcoming order.

My first order came in March and was 25 meaties and 25 layer types. Both sets came with a packing peanut. 2 arrived DOA and one died soon after. Meyer was very helpful and gave me a full refund on the chicks that died. All the rest of the chicks were very healthy.

My order coming next month is also 25. I had called up to modify my order, and they were extremely helpful. I expressed concern about the weather with the chicks and was told the shipping manager will ship them according to the weather. If the forecast is cold they will put in a heat pack along with a packing peanut.

If you order chicks from Meyers they also have a meal maker option which is free- they will add a chick similar to what you ordered- it may help compensate a loss of a bird.

Last edited:
have 21 little fluffy nuggets that will ship out Feb 10th and arrive the 11th or 12th need some new layers as i have quite a few girls who've quit so i get new nuggets to love and they get to test out my awesome huge new brooder first.....so excited...gonna be a long 10 or 11 days

My first chicks were from Meyers, and so is my upcoming order.

My first order was in March and was 25 meaties and 25 layer types. Both sets came with a packing peanut. 2 arrived DOA and one died soon after. Meyer was very helpful and gave me a full refund on the chicks that died. All the rest of the chicks were very healthy. 

My order coming next month is also 25. I had called up to modify my order, and they were extremely helpful. I expressed concern about the weather with the chicks and was told the shipping manager will ship them according to the weather. If the forecast is cold they will put in a heat pack along with a packing peanut.

If you order chicks from Meyers they also have a meal maker option which is free- they will add a chick similar to what you ordered- it may help compensate a loss of a bird.

Thank you I'm convinced. I will be adding on to my order, in case to compensate.I'm glad they will work with the customers. Thank you for sharing your story. I get paid wed. I will call in then and order a few more barred Rock females to my order :)

Hello Everyone!

I ordered 7 chicks from Papa's Poultry back in December. I have a tentative ship date of March 1, and my children and I can't wait for them to get here! We ordered: Two Cream Legbars, two Blue Orpingtons, one Lavender Orpington, one Rhodebar and an Olive Egger. I am currently researching coop plans and narrowing them down to what I want. I would love to be able to start building because it would feel like I was doing something productive, but the snow and frozen ground are telling me otherwise.

Carrie

2 days!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom