Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Our chicks are all settled in. There are 4 EE pullets, 4 Barred Rock pullets, 4 Buff Orp pullets, 6 Welsummer pullets and 1 Welsummer cockerel. We will see in a few months what we really have. There is one yellow with black spots chick that doens't look anything like anyone else... put there should not be 1 of anything.

My Welsummer Rooster

A pretty little girl

Just got my chicks today...that were shipped on Tuesday. All were dead and rotting...one was even stuck to the underside of the box lid. It was awful.

It said "Live Chicks Please Rush" on the box, not "Let this box sit for three days while the chicks die THEN throw them on the plane". :mad:

Just got my chicks today...that were shipped on Tuesday. All were dead and rotting...one was even stuck to the underside of the box lid. It was awful.

It said "Live Chicks Please Rush" on the box, not "Let this box sit for three days while the chicks die THEN throw them on the plane". :mad:

OH MY GOSH! A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!! I AM SO SORRY!!!!'' :( where did you order them from!!! we're they supposed to be express shipped ???? That's MY BIGGEST FEAR! UGH! THAT'S AWFUL!!!!!!

Last edited:
They came from CA express. Tracking had them moved from the point of origin to the Sacramento area (where they would catch the plane) promptly. They sat for three days. They arrived in town here late yesterday and were transferred to my PO facility early this morning. So the seemingly completely unnecessary holdup was in Sacramento. We expected them to get here Thursday morning...not Saturday...

Oh no, that is terrible! The poor chicks, what was the response from the hatchery, and are you going to chance reshipment? I worry about this with my order, wish there was a closer hatchery that had the types of chicks I wanted with the limited amount I wanted as well. Sorry you had to go through this.

They came from CA express. Tracking had them moved from the point of origin to the Sacramento area (where they would catch the plane) promptly. They sat for three days. They arrived in town here late yesterday and were transferred to my PO facility early this morning. So the seemingly completely unnecessary holdup was in Sacramento. We expected them to get here Thursday morning...not Saturday...

my gosh I'm so terribly sorry. is california far from you? I live is california myself. Sacramento is pretty far north.Doesn't it make you wonder what in the world the post office was thinking? it's like they move from hub to hub no matter how out of the way it is. I'm so sorry. will they replace them?

The hatcher has had a few problems with USPS lately, so we will see what explanation they offer for the late delivery. I don't anticipate any issues with either a reship or refund from the hatcher themselves. I would love to still have the chicks, but if the USPS can't offer some assurances...

The hatcher has had a few problems with USPS lately, so we will see what explanation they offer for the late delivery. I don't anticipate any issues with either a reship or refund from the hatcher themselves. I would love to still have the chicks, but if the USPS can't offer some assurances...

I understand. was it supposed to be a two day shipping process? The post office should be forced to open those kinds of packages and witnesses first hand exactly what there lay over mistake has caused! So horrible! This is my biggest fear because mine are coming from Ohio to California. I'm even keeping my almost 17 year old son home from school the day I have to pick them up so if I have" issues" he can help me "deal" with it. I have a huge heart for animals and it always breaks my heart when someone has to go through what you did! Please keep us posted on what the USPS has to say for themselves. Because the box was so clearly marked it's pretty obvious that someone just neglected it. :(

That is awful. Terrible. And horrifying. Keep us posted on the outcome. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. Didn't you say you had kids too.... Oh, how traumatizing.

Back
Top Bottom