anyone in 4-h or kids in it

Quote:
I'm in 4-h and this will be my 7th year in it. The age requirements are you have to be 8 years old as of January 1st of the current year to be a member, if you're younger you can be a clover bud where they do little projects and they watch the demonstrations at the meetings and then once they meet the 8 year old requirement they become a member and can start taking projects like(animals)!

This year i'm going to take breeding rabbit(as usual) and chickens! In the past i've taken dog, photography, sewing, and market rabbit.

my son showed steers, my daughter shows turkeys and goats. I am an adivsor, this is my first year. My daughter talked me into helping out her small group, they needed another advisor.

Last edited:
I'm a co-leader, this is our second year - we do breeding rabbits, poultry, shooting trap, and just signed up for wildlife. What a cool project for mountain states - tracking, mountian survival, raptors, mountain men - I can't wait - errr...I mean HE can't wait!
big_smile.png

I am in 4-h and i do way to many projects to name, lol. I am showing horses and fancy chickens and the archery under shooting sports this year for the first time.
celebrate.gif
bun.gif
I also show plants(houseplants, flowers, and veggies), Crafts of all kinds, Cooking, Nature things, and photography. I know you all probably think i'm crazy with so many projects but i love them.
big_smile.png

Lisa

My youngest is in 4-H and shows breeding rabbits, poultry, and ducks. She also does either a cooking or miscellaneous project also. She might be showing geese this year too.

I grew up doing 4H and loved it. This is my 13 yr. old daughters first year. She's just doing the Llama/Alpaca project. So far she really likes it and it's been very good for her.

My daughter just joined. Plans to show poultry and rabbits. Oh, and she'll do pheasants, because I talked her into it. Anything, to have more baby critters to tend!

if there younger than 8 they can still join 4-h as a clover bud they don't get all the project books but do perticipate in fair. my son was in cloverbuds for 2 years. He competed in open class poultry last yr and will take broilers and fancy poultry. The poultry he doesn't show in jr class fair will show in open class. He has plans to take a hog next yr.

I have shown my sheep, Mollia for the past two years. These year I am also showing my dog, goats, rabbits, chickens, geese, ducks, and the sheep again. I am so excited!

Back
Top Bottom