Anyone in East Texas?

Hi there,
I'm new to the East Texas area. I am outside of Marshall near the Louisiana border. I bought a 10 acre piece of property with a nice house, pond, shop, and outbuildings. I plan to raise miniature cattle and other animals. So far, I've started with chickens. I have two dogs, a Border Collie and an Australian Shepherd and 3 cats.

I have a new flock since moving here last spring. I started that flock with 16 and am down to 12 now. I've seen issues here that I never saw before. I was previously in the Pacific Northwest. New area, new issues. I have breeds that I've not kept before as well. I've been raising chickens for about a decade. I currently have Rhode Island Reds, Easter Eggers, and several unknown breeds.

I love watching my chickens as they are so entertaining. I love sharing the eggs with folks. I have many other hobbies such as hunting, fishing, gardening, and cooking. Looking forward to meeting some folks in here.

Thanks!
Not from texas area, but have lots of family there! Welcome to BYC!

Welcome to BYC. I'm very sorry for your losses. I'm in east Texas as well, but quite a ways from Marshall.
In addition to the questions @Kiki has asked,
Do your birds have any respiratory symptoms, such as raspy breathing, swollen or runny eyes, or coughing?
Do you free range them? Have you brought in any adult birds?

Back
Top Bottom