Anyone in Eastern North Carolina feeding their chickens an organic soy free corn free diet????

jbsmommy07

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 22, 2014
I have been debating on whether or not to make my own feed for my 9 chickens... They are now almost 12 weeks and on grower. I came across Scratch and Peck and it is EXACTLY what I was looking into making. Only problem, shipping is outrageous and they do not have any delivery points even remotely close. Has anyone in Eastern NC been able to find it? Or something similar? I live right outside of Wilmington, NC. I like the idea of whole grains, peas, and seeds as opposed to pellets or crumbles.

Also, back to making my own feed... I priced grains and such from Azure Standard. GREAT pricing but shipping was about $88. YIKES!! Anyone out there have a good frugal source for organic grains??

Thank you in advance!

I'm in the Midwest, but I bought scratch and peck feeds through Azure because there was no shipping. I had to join Azure and find the closest pick up location... have you looked into doing this?

I have been debating on whether or not to make my own feed for my 9 chickens... They are now almost 12 weeks and on grower. I came across Scratch and Peck and it is EXACTLY what I was looking into making. Only problem, shipping is outrageous and they do not have any delivery points even remotely close. Has anyone in Eastern NC been able to find it? Or something similar? I live right outside of Wilmington, NC. I like the idea of whole grains, peas, and seeds as opposed to pellets or crumbles.

Also, back to making my own feed... I priced grains and such from Azure Standard. GREAT pricing but shipping was about $88. YIKES!! Anyone out there have a good frugal source for organic grains??

Thank you in advance!

Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom