anyone in England ?

Pics
A heads up for everyone near Bolton. After 6 years of breeding I am giving up the chickens to concentrate on my feed shop.
I am selling all my breeding stock, all coops, incubator, brooders, feeders, waterers etc. Anything you can think of, I am selling!
Do you have good bedding? I live near Bolton and am looking to try something apart from wood shavings I find at pets at home.

What breeding stock do you have, I might be interested in buying?

I have Bedwell Equinola. It is rape straw impregnated with lemon oil to deter flies and red mites. It should be £7.50 for a waist high bale but cos some corners are a bit wet (most of it is usable and none is mouldy. I use it in all my coops) I am selling it for £5 per bale.
I have layers pellets for £10 for 20kg, chick crumb £11 for 20kg and mixed corn for £11 for 20kg. I also have all the range of Hentastic treats.
I am selling warrens, welsummers, wyandottes, pekins, light sussex and some silkie crosses, one that lays blue eggs (legbar cross silkie).
I also have used coops for £50, £75, and 2 lots of huge double coops/catteries at least 10 x6ft each coop and are £500 for the pair. (So 4 coops in total are £1000 ono or £500 for a double).
I also have a brooder that you can put 40 chicks under for £40 and a brinsea that holds 20 chicks under for £20.

Next to the Royal Bolton Hospital. Townley's Equine Laundry and Feeds, Minerva Rd, Bolton, BL4 0HS.
The sat nav takes you to a car park in the hospital. A bit further down the road, just after the security lodge there is a dirt track on the left, where everyone stands to smoke. The farm is down the dirt track.

Hi all what products do you use to help get/deter red mites been using johnsons mite powder but still seems be a few still hanging around
Thanks Simon

I use nettex red mite killer spray ~

I also use smite powder (DE earth) ~

I clear coops out of bedding, even vacuuming sometimes with an old vac I have. Remove the perches too before cleaning out. Checking underneath for mite evidence. I then spray with killer. Once dry I put the smite everywhere. End of perches and underneath too. Check regular every other day and repeat until you have them under control. Also a couple of times per year I get the coop right out and power wash them out. They key is getting into all the nooks crannies of the coop where they hide.

This is what I'm using combined with the Airasol spay but The coop I was given with my first hens is infested so I'm stripping it down today n cleaning with Jeyes fluid n starting again with get some netex as the cans of spray really don't last more than a minute

Once a year I unscrew all the panels, creosote every surface then the next day, when they are dry I use fence paint on them.
At the same time I bath the chickens using tea tree shampoo with about a 1/4of a bottle of pure tea tree oil from the herbal shop (added to the shampoo bottle and shake up well), and any normal hair conditioner. I then dry them with the hairdryer
They stay in a dog crate inside so they don't catch cold until the coop is back together. They get ivermectin 1% drops (like a dog flea spot on stuff) and D.E and garlic added to their bedding. I also put garlic in their water

Back
Top Bottom