Anyone in Kent County Maryland looked into backyard chickens?

SBCJetboat

Hatching
10 Years
Nov 12, 2009
I live in Kent County Maryland and no poultry or livestock is allowed on a residential property unless approved by the county planning commission and they grant you a special exception. I was wondering if anyone has tried this sort of thing in Kent County. I live in a small town thats not even incorporated without so much as even a red light and for that matter the intersection is not even a 4 way stop sign. I am a bit ticked off that with over 1 acre and hundreds of acres both in front of and behind me that keeping a few hens is prohibited. I have neighbors on either side of me but they are relatively distant and I dont think they would care anyway. I do however perfer to abide by the law although I am very tempted to just get a few hens and deal with it if I have any problems. This is especially pathetic because I believe that Kent County is the least populated county in all of Maryland. Behind me is a huge dairy farm and up the road is an even larger dairy farm. This is just plain ridiculous. I am basically wondering if its even worth trying do deal with the county because if they deny me then I am worse off if I do it anyway.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom