Anyone in Santa Rosa County Florida?

If you do start a Pace Poultry Page, count me in! I live just nort of the Pace soccer field.
I just joined the forum when I ran into a roo vs pullet problem buying chicks too young to identify. I am trying to find a thread where someone asked about chicken ordinance in Pace. When I moved me and my chickens (along with their complete housing!) from an acre in the county off Hwy. 89 North into a neighborhood in Pace I wanted to know what the legalities are. I stayed away from neighborhoods that had HMA that didn't allow fowl. My research showed that no roosters are allowed in neighborhoods in city or county. Acreage doesn't count, of course. And chickens are supposed to be held down to no more than 9. Since you are also in Pace if you hear of someone selling young pullets please let me know. Thanks

I am trying to find out if Im allowed to keep chickens. I cant find anything online but Im not sure if I just don't know what to seach for. Also the HOA I live in has this posted in their covenants "No animals other than common accepted domestic pets shall be kept on any lot. Domestic pets shall not include horses, and the number of pets permitted shall be reasonable." But I don't know if chickens would be considered "common accepted domestic pets" or not. Can anyone help?
Three reasons people raise Chickens. 1. For eggs. 2. For meat. And 3. Pets!! Enjoy your pets and be sure to enjoy the eggs. LOL

Back
Top Bottom