Anyone interested in a Shelty pup?

I agree. It has taken me 3 years just to find the right dog to breed my IG to, this weekend all the health testing is being done. Lucky for me, it is being offered onsite at a show, saving me a chunk of change. Out of 4 IG's, I only have one good enough to offer anything to the breed, the rest are bed warmers. If the breeding goes thru and I get puppers, it has only taken me 6 years to get to that goal. Why?? Because I foster for rescue and see to many sweet, loving dogs in my home looking for a forever family because the original owner did not do their homework and know what to expect or made an impulse buy at a pet shop. Any pups out of my home will have thoughly checked out homes before they are even born and will go with a spay/neuter contract with a lifetime return policy.

Well it sounds like congratulations might be in order for you. Some peeps think my contracts are too strict. I'll admit they are quite lengthy & detailed, but there usually isn't any questions because I go through the entire contract with them. I leave nothing to chance because animals don't need a chance....they need a forever home. I screen very extreme. The next time a tie occurs I'm hoping for at least 7 along with certain colors or marks, because my waiting list is getting longer by the day. I've had some people say they will wait for as long as it takes.....some have been waiting for over a year. I hope you find a home for that Sheltie Barb because it's adorable and deserves so much. God Bless you for trying to save the dog and helping your friend out.

The shelty in the pic is my girl. I had to help her cross the bridge 3 months ago. She had major seizures due to an injury and they were getting to bad. She was only 7. I may keep one of the pups. She has agreed to give the pups to me to home as I see fit. Yeesh that means I will have 7 pups to keep track of. Lasey was bred once and I still keep tabs on all of them. Including her show pup (5 yrs old and I still call them pups)

Quote:
Not to hijack the thread but what are you breeding?

I breed Newfoundland dogs.

Sorry again on your loss Barb. It still pains me a year later that I helped my best girl (who was 15) cross over the Rainbow Bridge. Wish I could say it gets easier....you don't forget, you just learn to live with it. I wish you only the best hun.

Edited for spelling cause my brain and body should be asleep right now!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom