anyone know about ducks...?

asia74

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 16, 2014
homer ny
Trying to figure out what kind of ducks to get for my area ..I'm in homer ny and the winter can be really cold

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I would suggest posting on our duck section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks and take advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your ducks.

Sorry I don't know about ducks but, you have been given very good links to follow. Welcome to the BYC flock, hope you love it as much as we do.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I don't know much about ducks, either. However, if you post in the Ducks section of the forums, I'm sure members there can help.
smile.png

Thank you:).....while I'm waiting for an answer about ducks....I had a question about my hens....my jersey hens want to Rome around in the snow ...is this something they do or like to do .....

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Definitely stop by our ducks section for more help.

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC - visit the duck forums. Chickens don't mind snow that is not too deep - in Homer you can expect them to be 'coop bound' most of the winter.

Thank you:).....while I'm waiting for an answer about ducks....I had a question about my hens....my jersey hens want to Rome around in the snow ...is this something they do or like to do .....

Jersey Giants are a very cold hardy breed, so if they want to roam around in the snow, I wouldn't worry about it, as long as they are back in the coop by dusk.

Back
Top Bottom