Anyone know about the chicken laws for Columbus GA? I live In Muscogee

allterrainwarrior

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
If any one has any information on Columbus Ga I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to have a few discreet egglayers. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome !! My brother lives in Forston and that is close to Columbus and he has chickens. Are you in the City limits ?? That might make a difference. By the way I am in Newnan Georgia Not too far away.

Thanks for your reply. I live in the city if you want to call it that. Im from the Newyork area so I the closest city to me is Atlanta. I know the authorities wont think that way. However, I am a Falconer and I hunt with a hawk and I have a license and permit to keep the bird. Im wondering if there is some legal loop hole that can be held under my permit. I want the chickens for eggs. They may have a problem with that but ironically they may allow me to have them to feed the hawk go figure. Im just trying to work it where I can raise a few chickens for some eggs. I really have no interest in eating them..

Hello and Welcome to BYC! I live in Chattahoochee County and I have searched for info regarding zoning and laws in reference to both livestock and poultry ownership in Mucscogee County and can not locate anything except old odd laws such as not butchering a chicken on sundays lol. I can only suggest you call the courthouse and ask for the zoning and permits department, they could probably give you more info. As for Chattahoochee Cty we are more rural so I am just telling friends and neighbors that I have built a small aviary in my backyard that houses a production team for natural fertilizer
wink.png
. Hope you can find out some info.

I'm going to resurrect this thread because I'm from Columbus but will be transplanting to Talbot Cty and I can't find a single thing online about keeping chickens out there.
sad.png

Here in Columbus though I do believe you can have chickens, just not sure the number or how much land you have to have.

Back
Top Bottom