Anyone know "Flat Stanley"?

BlueDevilGirl67

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
Central NC
My daughter will soon be doing the Flat Stanley project in school and I am clueless. We will going to Jamestown on December 14 as part of the Flat Stanley project and for the children to see up close what they are currently learning about in their history books which BTW I am having a blast reviewing w/ my daughter.

Flat Stanley is an awesome project for kids to do. I would suggest that you go to your local library and get a few of the books - especially the first one. Basically, Flat Stanley is a guy who gets squished and then realizes that it is a great thing because he can travel around the world in an envelope and have great adventures. A lot of kids will mail Flat Stanley to someone else and have them document their time with him.

There is a great video on the internet about Flat Stanley - he goes to hollywood and gets a tattoo - it's a riot!

www.flatstanleymovie.com

and also check out

www.flatstanley.com

Have fun! And if you need somewhere to send him, we're in Canada and would help you out
smile.png

Flat Stanley is a great project for kids. My nephews mailed us their's and we took it to the state capital, the round rock that our town was named for, to the Stevie Ray Vaugn statue and to other Austin land marks. We wrote a note, enclosed the pictures and mailed him on. If people work quickly you can get Stanley all over the world before he has to be turned in.

Oh my kid's what to have Flat Stanely mailed to them after one of our friend's kid got him.

They forgot my kid's wanted him and sent him to someone else and now my kid's are bummed about it!

We will take him too!!!

I did a flat stanley! Although we made them into flat __our names__. Ours mostly went around the block and that was that... But it's funny, my friend's little sister's flat stanley's (about 7 years younger than us) has been traveling for a few years now and has gone across the US, to Europe, and across Asia so far. Each time the flat stanley reaches it's destinatoin, the peole take a picture with it and send it back. It's been very interesting.

Edit: Oh, they send back the pictres and send stanly to a new place!

Last edited:
My daughter lives with her grandparents and when I was still living in GA she mailed me her little stanley and. We took him all over Atlanta Ga and took pictures of him at the mall and on a horse drawn carriage ride (the driver was really awesome about it ) we put stanley on the bench pulled the blanket over his legs took a picture it was a really awesome day for stanley LOL we then put stanley back in the mail with all the pictures and sent him back to my daughter it was great for me to be able to do with her she still has a photo album with the pictures and stanley in it. She is now 16 and still has it with her LOL.

My kids did Flat Stanley as a project in school. We mailed him to relatives in the midwest and on the east coast.

We live in the Pacific Northwest and would be happy to help you out also!

Oh...I just love that project. A freind of mines daughter, did that a few years ago. We got Stanley for a week, and took him places I have been wanting to go, but didnt have a "kid" to take. So, Stanley and I had a blast and we took lots of pics!

I see you like Duke. I'm not into sports but my parents are Carolina fans.

Welcome to BYC.

p.s. Sorry to highjack your thread.

Ha! Flat Stanley is so cool. You pretty much take photos of him in your area and send him on so kids get an idea of what it's like to live where you do. Anyone see the King Of The Hill episode where they get a Flat Stanley and Peggy does terrible things to him and the kids get him back looking like he's been through a meat grinder?

I would LOVE to get a Flat Stanley and show him all around my stomping grounds of NYC.

Back
Top Bottom