anyone know of a fox deterrent?

you can buy coyote or bobcat urine at a sportsman's store. They sell it for hunting purposes but it keeps away other predators. (Of course it can have the unwanted effect of bringing in coyotes or bobcats since that is what it is sold to do). Otherwise a low electric wire or if you have a male human in the house have him pee around the coop, that does a pretty good job of keeping many predators away. Consequently it'll keep deer out of a garden too. Of course if your home/coop is in an exposed place you may want him to pee in a cup and then pour it around the coop since you don't want the neighbors calling the cops
wink.png

Go to the barber or beauty shop and get a big bag of hair, sprinkle it around the area you want protected, it does help.

AL

I had a fox enter the back of our barn while I was sweeping the floor, and it grabbed a kitten, Out in the fields I was with our horses when an orange cat ran from the woods, climbed me and ended up on my head peeing (gross) while a fox ran up and sat in front of me. Not much discourages them, but a dog is your best bet. We also build a 'fox gate' on the back of our barn made with old wood and lattice so that we could aerate the barn but keep foxes out. We used chain link on our windows. We have coyotes too, so our coop and run are like Fort Knox. All that stuff about nocturnal behavior is bunk. The only think that works is barriers, vigilance and a very aggressive dog.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom