Anyone know this plant?

Well I know it's not blackberry we have a ton of them and its not even close.. my photo was not so good maybe this one would be better, double click to make it bigger. It has no thorns and the leaves are different... here is a better photo, maybe.
24322_moms_pictures_004.jpg

I don't know this looks very much like the other pic.
sad.png

You can't tell by the picture but the leaves on this are clean around the edges, you know they don't have the little points around them..
idunno.gif
boy do I feel dumb, everytime I try to use words to describe something it's like whewww, and I think someone is going to understand that? It's crazy but maybe you know what I am talking about.
hu.gif

I imported the last photo to my iPhoto, so I could adjust the exposure, and get a closer look at the leaves. It looks more like a dogwood of some sort, to me. The leaves have the same veining and red tint to the edges, that many of the dogwoods on my property have.

Here's a viburnum:
M750-0901020.jpg

The veining is similar, but the leaf surface is smoother, and the leaves have a finely toothed margin.

Here's one variety of dogwood, not the same one, I'm sure, the twigs are the wrong color. If yours is even a dogwood, that is. I can't see in your photo whether the margin on the leaves is smooth, or scalloped, like this one.
C877-0422091gk.jpg

I couldn't find any images of red twig dogwoods with leaves, they were all shown naked to show the color of the stems.

It IS a variety of dogwood, although I can't tell you the exact variety from just these photos. Often the red-twig types do not thrive in hot and humid climates, they usually look a bit thin as far as the foliage is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom