Anyone know this poultry judge?

jossanne

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 11, 2008
Gila, New Mexico
I just found out tonight that we've got a major poultry guy in my tiny little town - Frank Joseph. I've driven past his place a thousand times, and was never interested because he has a bunch of the cones as individual chicken shelters, so I figured he just had games. I haven't ever been interested in games, so I never asked anyone about him.

Today at our county fair, I found out that he's an ABA and/or APA judge! He's got all kinds of breeds that he raises, and I need to find out what he's got. Apparently people see his cones, and always stop to ask him if he's got game chickens available, and he has none. He just has the cones because he has a bunch of different breeds that he keeps separate.

So now I've got to stop by Frank Joseph's place one of these days and see what he's got, and what show chickens really look like (if he'll let me). Thankfully he's judging at the Southern NM State Fair this weekend, so none of his birds are competing against mine at our little county fair. I guess last year he swept all the awards at the fair, and I'm glad I didn't have any birds in there to be beaten by his! HAHAHA

So does anyone know Frank Joseph? What kind of chickens does he have? I know he's also got fancy pigeons, but I don't know anything about pigeons.

Last edited:
I clerked for Frank a few weeks ago. I am not positive what birds he has other than waterfowl, but I will say this, he is a very outgoing guy who would love to talk to you about his chickens. In fact you may want to pack a lunch.

Bob

I dont know anything about him off hand but there is a Frank Joseph that is a sponsor of a Aseel photo in the ASOP...

Chris

Thanks
big_smile.png
I'll pack a lunch!

He does have a few birds in our fair, even though he's in Las Cruces this weekend. He has a bantam phoenix cock with a beautiful tail, a 4-legged red sexlink roo named Mr. Amazing, and a rosecomb bantam. I thought they were nice, and he didn't sweep the show. A teenage boy with his first chicken won the big prize with a beautiful buff bantam cochin.

Back
Top Bottom