Anyone know what breed?

Tessieschickens

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2015
I ordered 15 chickens and got 1 free mystery chick but am not sure the breed. This one is 7 weeks old! Any ideas?

Hmm.....easter egger? Some sort of game fowl? I honestly don't know, but she's beautiful!
I ordered from Murray once, and NEVER found out what my mystery chick was. She looked like an araucana/SLW cross but as far as I know they don't cross breed there...
Does she have a beard?

Awesome! I just got chicks from there myself!
smile.png

I think that its probably an Easter Egger (they call them Ameraucanas at the hatchery). They are cross-breeds, bred to have that beard and to lay colored eggs. They are very nice birds, very pretty and generally friendly.

Here's my EE from McMurray, a hen named Eagle

It would really help if she was in a conventional pose, like sideview standing, and front view, to see her face - can't see much of anything otherwise.

I don't know if she has a beard! This is my first time raising chickens of my own. I will forsurE put a picture of her face and body sometime today so you guys can see!

Awesome! I just got chicks from there myself! :) I think that its probably an Easter Egger (they call them Ameraucanas at the hatchery). They are cross-breeds, bred to have that beard and to lay colored eggs. They are very nice birds, very pretty and generally friendly. Here's my EE from McMurray, a hen named Eagle
she's soo pretty!! I have yet to name this chicken! Thanks for your help with what breed she could be!

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
If you get a better picture of the face and profile it would be easier. If it has puffy cheeks then I would say it is an Easter Egger.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom