Anyone know what breed?

All4Eggz

Jesus Loves You🌵
Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
So silver penciled wyandotte bantam? Or silver penciled something else? lol
Here's where I'm conflicted. I instinctively thought Silver Pencilled Rock Bantam, but the leg color is off. My large Silver Pencilled Rock also developed similar leg color due to fading due to laying. That's what I'm wondering, but this variety is pretty uncommon... Overseas Silver Pencilled Wyandotte bantams are more common, but again the leg color is weird and it has a single comb... I have to go with Silver Pencilled Rock Bantam although it's kind of a stretch

Possibly a Barnevelder? But that's kinda stretching it...she's a very odd Barnevelder if that's what she is. I'm not very familiar with breeds, but I don't think I've heard of anything that looks like that. Possibly a mutt? Are you sure it's a purebred?

Here's where I'm conflicted. I instinctively thought Silver Pencilled Rock Bantam, but the leg color is off.

I have to go with Silver Pencilled Rock Bantam although it's kind of a stretch
Was literally typing about this as you replied. If she is purebred, it's the only thing I can think of that sort of fits. Wonder what color her feet bottoms are.

I love her!

Here's the legs of my hen. The bantam's seem to be similar-ish? I've noticed and I'm not sure why this is, that my partridge and silver pencilled yellow skinned birds tend to get especially washed out legs. Probably a case of correlation rather than causation, but the same thing is happening in my Brahmas. I'd be curious if it could be genetic but I have no clue
7BBEFEA3-2219-477E-A073-B2E237DFE3B8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom