Anyone know what color this Silkie might be?

Katie O

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 8, 2012
Really would like to know what color this chick will end up being, another one hatched just like it but with more grey and a red tint to it.

This is the parents, i do have other silkies but at the time i only had 2 young buff and the rooster isn't old enough to fertilize the eggs and the hen doesn't lay yet.

Thanks. We've never seen him try because he's scared of Clyde but i guess he could've.

Just wondering, i know you probably can't help me, but i had a solid white one hatch and its toes curve in.. It walks on the sides of them pretty well, i don't know if i should leave it or put boots on them and try to straighten them out. Any suggestions?

Katie O: If it is less than 5 days old, you can try to splint the toes to make them grow straight....I use this as a splint with good luck:

It is the sticky sides of a band-aid stuck together and then carefully cut between the toes.

Last edited:
Its not even a day old. I used some cardboard and cut out little toes in the center and took the stick part of a bandaid and put it on the bottom and lined the toes up, then taped them down. But it didn't seem to like it very much and i didn't wanna hurt it by doing that so i took them off.

Back
Top Bottom