Anyone know what could be going on with her feathers?

Rose the Legbar

Songster
Dec 18, 2022
Washington State
Hello! This is my 1.5 year old Opal Legbar. A few weeks ago she had some pretty bad crop issues and lost a ton of weight. And of course at the same time she had to molt. But I noticed those few weeks ago in addition that her shoulder feathers looked frayed and curled. They are also very brittle. It hasn’t changed in any way really since then. I just wanted to know what the possible issue of this could be.

All flock 20% feed, grit, and oyster available 24/7. She doesn’t lay eggs only very rarely does.

Attachments

• IMG_3031.jpeg
    IMG_3031.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3029.jpeg
    IMG_3029.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3027.jpeg
    IMG_3027.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 6
Is she lavender? I can't tell for sure from the picture. Lavender can carry the "shredding" gene that makes the feathers look, well, shredded. I had one whose feathers got worse after her first full molt.

Is she lavender? I can't tell for sure from the picture. Lavender can carry the "shredding" gene that makes the feathers look, well, shredded. I had one whose feathers got worse after her first full molt.
She is lavender. The feathers on her shoulders didn’t come from her new molted feathers though which confused me. I know that as a chick her feathers were pretty ragged and torn up looking.

Back
Top Bottom