Anyone know what these are??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by yomama, Dec 28, 2011.

1. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

My chickens, being the wonderful excavators that they are, have unearthed many little things in my yard. Usually broken pieces of glass or plastic, left behind from the previous owner. Where the chickens are now, is close to where I believe the previous owners either had a burn pile, or at least dumped alot of stuff. I am curious, however, about their latest find. Anyone know what these are, and/or what they are used for? Yes, I do know that the middle object is a quarter [​IMG] I did that for size reference.
    Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    One looks the leg of a glass/porcelain doll. The other looks like some kind of vial. Which, by the way, I would kill to have the little vial. ( I have "thing" for little glass item, old wood boxes, red dogs and gray horse's, It's a big "thing")

3. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    The leg looking thing looks real familiar the other thing looks like a vaccine vile with the lid rusted off.

4. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    The one looks like a leg to some sort of doll. The other a vile. I found a vile a little bigger then that once. It is brown glass and says 'poison' and has cross bones on it. Really cool, I think it is packed away somewhere.

5. yomama

My husband insists that the white thing is the leg to some sort of figurine or doll. But to me it looks like some sort of hook or something. We used to have an old cast iron potbelly stove. It had a hook that you used to open the vent. That hook looked very similiar to this white thing. However, it didn't have the grooves on it, that look like something screws into it.

6. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

The glass container looks like the glass bottles they used to use for contacts. I remember I would try to keep my sisters when she started getting contacts in the 80's

7. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I am going to guess the bottle is some kind of spice/oil jar or medicine. The doll leg is a leg that would have been sewn on a fabic body.

legginMF12, I have a fun Hormel jar I unearthed in the garden, it is fun. And several other random but unlabeled jars

8. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Once I was digging and found a spoon [​IMG]

9. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    the leg looks like it comes from one of the porcelain clown type dolls with the harlequin outfits... also called jester dolls.

check the feet on this one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HAR...094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c09b0816

they've got painted shoes, but it's the same foot.

here's another: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORCELAIN-JESTER-PIERROT-CLOWN-BED-DOLL-80S-/250960277209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6e65eed9

and
    one more:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gorgeous-Co...095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6a3c3dff

10. yomama

Quote:Ugh, those are creepy looking! However,it does look like the same kind of leg that my girls unearthed. (hate it when my hubby's right, lol!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by