Anyone know what this could be? help!!!

kentuckygirl1

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 17, 2013
Irvine, Kentucky
I got 10 baby chicks from TSC on wed. all were fine and inside the house in the brooder, Friday morning I noticed one of them had a limp and all the others were running around and knocking her over everytime she stood up, I have been giving her special attention and have noticed her right leg and foot dont seem to be growing with the left one! sounds crazy but true. she is eating drinking and pooping, and tonight when I put her back in with the other she started flapping and wanted to run and jump like all the others. Has anyone ever heard of this before, I have not. Is there a condition, or problem that I should be really concerned with, like I said she was absolutely fine for the first 2 days, and then bam limping and laying so they dont knock her down. help please if you may know whats up and what I should do, thank you to everyone, I am new here and this is my first post,
frow.gif

Geez... That's interesting.

Can you post photos? Does the leg *look* any different, other than being shorter? Is there anything off with the bottom of the foot?
I know that with other young animals (humans too) a trauma to the growth plate of the bone can cause the plate to stop growing or cause the bone to grow at an odd angle, which I guess could happen in a chicken.
idunno.gif

It sounds like she can walk, just with a limp. Is that correct?

Back
Top Bottom