Anyone make a BIG chicken tractor?

Quote:
Oooooo My!!!!! Love it girl!!
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

~Aspen

8' X 8' base, 6' tall in center. I have the top and back completely covered now, half of the top just wasn't enough. I can pick mine up on the sides and pull it over. I tried using a rope and dragging it but it wouldn't work. The dog house was in there for the silkie youngsters who couldn't fly up to the 3' roost.
Picture106.jpg

I was thinking about the same thing. I was going to line the bottom of the "skid" boards with this hard plastic ( http://www.superslide.com/ ). This is the same stuff a friend uses on the bottom of his airboat to glide across grass and pieces of land when we were out at the lake. In my mind this would not only make it easier to move around but also keep the wood from directly contacting the ground. But this is only my theory and has never been tested on chicken coops, and we all know how good theories are, at least mine.
roll.png
smile.png

Good luck and I would love to see pictures if you do build a large tractor.

72666_dsc00251.jpg
72666_dsc00250.jpg

This is my 10x10 chicken tractor, I can pull it a foot or two (tow rope not attached yet in these pictures,) but my 50 something year old back really appreciates the tractor pulling it for me. I put a small tarp on top for shade.
bun.gif
Nice design, came across it today on internet search = which lead me to this thread...so I'm only 4-years late to the party -- right? LOL

Dfranklee4yearsold2welcome.jpg

Her's mine
lau.gif

ct.jpg

Wow, I really like your tractor accessories!
Carla that looks amazing
X2

Here''s mine

approx 8x8

for my layers, my breeders, my babies...what ever is needed at the time. Moved when the grass inside is gone or it gets nasty inside. I havae layers - so they are usually in pet carrier or other pen when this is moved and free standing things inside need to be moved in and out......

search on eBay for "sled caddy" or "super sport sled caddy" -- can easily be pushed - but the caddy comes out on rough terrain..can be moved by one woman who has jacked up corners and put caddy under. Using castors custom pieces that do the same job only better could be built IMO. It is the same idea that they use to move cars around show rooms and the display garages --

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom