Anyone name your chicks yet?

Scrambles (cochin)
BokaBok (bantam cochin)
RootBeard (Welsummer)
Cordon Bleu (barred rock)
Eleanor (Speckled Sussex)
Cordelia (Speckled sussex)
Benedicta (silver laced polish)

I named the 2 speckled sussex girls, my 4 year old named several and my husband named the polish and the barred rock.

Hi Everybody! First post on this great informative forum.

My 2 week old babies were named by my daughter on our trip home from the mill, er, uh, hatchery.

The names are perfect except for Mimi who's a rambunctious Leghorn. LOL

So, my six girls are:

Biggie [the Buff Orp]

Smalls

Coco [australorp]

Chanel [australorp]

Mimi [the Leghorn]

And [my sweetie who looks like a sparrow]

Georgia Rose

I've been trying to reach the hatchery lady for info on what type the rest are and, more importantly

whether she immunized(?) or not so I can medicate the girls accordingly.

Pics soon to come...

Last edited:
I named my two australorp chicks penguin and dolphin, because they are cute
love.gif
and are black on the top and white on the bottom. They rhyme in Russian, too. The one hiding is penguin and the one that's not hiding is dolphin.

Just got a batch of chicks from Cacklehatchery last week. From the time I ordered them back midway through Sept, I'd decided I was going to have a blue EE and name her Amy. I saw her and had her name in my mind before she was even hatched.

Sure enough, when the box arrived, there was a blue EE chick in the box. And Amy she was...

...till I got home and the kids saw the chicks. They immediately claimed my blue EE and a mahogany chipmunk EE and named them Rin and Benct.

And then there's Louis (yes, she's a PULLET. My younger daughter named her after the one kid from One Direcion. XD Her other chicken is a Black Orpington pullet named Harry.) I gotta remember not to let her name chickens any more.

And my little Welsummer pullet, Kipple

Back
Top Bottom