Anyone Near Shelton, CT To Give Advice?

corliss

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Hi:

My daughter and I have been reading how-to books on raising chickens all winter but I would really like to see some backyard chicken coops in the area where we live before we launch into this. Is there anyone out there in or near the Shelton, CT area who wouldn't mind showing me your setup and giving some advice?

Thanks so much!

Corliss

Welcome to BYC! nowhere near you just wanted to say
frow.gif

Micah

Hi ,

I'm in Weston and my best friend is in Wilton CT and we'd both love to show you our coop setups. We are about 25 mins away from you on the Merrit Pkwy.Exit 41 and 42 respectively.

Chickens are Soooh much fun and the benefits eggsiteing.
smile.png

Send me your email if you would like to visit.

lol Shenaynay

Branford here...and brand new also.

With the "help" of our three year old I just finished our coop...and are picking up 3 rhode island reds tomorrow in wilton..I am learning aalot from this site and found an old lady at the north haven agway who talked up chickens for a good hour today.

51918_getattachmentaspx.jpg

Make sure you check out the coop pages on this web site, if you haven't done it already. They are grouped by size and show a lot of different styles. Some people have even done a nice series of construction photos, so you can see how they did it. Just click on Coop Designs at the top of the page. I don't need any more coops, but I still enjoy looking at them. People are so creative and I love seeing the different things they come up with.

welcome-byc.gif

I am in Westchester NY and happy to show you as I have many visitors coming to see my set up. That is if you are in for a drive. There is also a chicken group in Stanford CT run by Melina here on BYC (cant think of her BYC name) but if you google standford chicken meet-up it should pop up
smile.png

Welcome
smile.png

I'm from Shelton. I don't have chickens yet, but my grandmother had them for years in White Hills. One of my friends also has them on Long Hill Road. I went to Benedicts in Monroe the other day and they are selling chicks and coops.

Back
Top Bottom