Anyone on BYC in Missouri? Moving there...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Colorist, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Colorist

Colorist Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2010
    Remember that thread about how my grandmother had 120+ acres in Missouri? Well, I got my wish. But before you say, "I'm so sorry she passed away!"

SHE DIDN'T!

She invited me to come live with her!

So in a few weeks (probably after Halloween), I will be packing up my things (chickens included) and heading up there! LOL the rest of my family is staying right here in Dallas. I guess they've had enough of me (and my chickens).
    But I plan on having a bunch of bantams, barnyard layers and a pair of geese once I move there [​IMG] Grandma LOVES chickens, and she encouraged me to get some silkies because she had never seen them before.

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! Let me start by saying Welcome! You'll be my new neighbor to the west! [​IMG] I don't live in Missouri, but my mom and a couple of my brothers do. I live in far western Kentucky, so it's about 150 miles to where my mom lives. There are LOTS of BYCers from Missouri! I didn't see a mention of what area you'll be moving to, but I'm sure you'll have no problem finding like-minded folks who love their chickens! Congrats on the move, and I hope you and your gang settle in smoothly. I'm sure your grandmother will enjoy your (and their!) company. [​IMG]

3. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
  4. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I live practically on the state line between NE Kansas and MO. Welcome!

5. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    What part are you moving to? I am in north central Missouri. Welcome!

6. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    Welcome to the state [​IMG] Where in Mo are you going to be ????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by