Anyone on Costa Blanca South?

Sorry don't know of anyone!!
hmm.png

Hi Elaine

Seems that it's just us in this part of the world then eh? I have three hens. One is an old lady of four and the other two are about 2 now. The old lady doesn't lay, but she looks after the others. She likes her back scratched.

We're lucky in this part of the world as we don't seem to have any predators so my girls roam my garden freely. They do tend to eat some of my plants (particularly when I try and grow veggies) but I forgive them for the two eggs a day.

Hi Elaine

Seems that it's just us in this part of the world then eh? I have three hens. One is an old lady of four and the other two are about 2 now. The old lady doesn't lay, but she looks after the others. She likes her back scratched.

We're lucky in this part of the world as we don't seem to have any predators so my girls roam my garden freely. They do tend to eat some of my plants (particularly when I try and grow veggies) but I forgive them for the two eggs a day.

Hi Irene!
Yes it does seem we are lucky with the lack of predators. There are chickens roaming the open artichoke fields in my lane, and very rarely do I hear from anyone that they've been attacked. I plan to free range mine in my garden. I grow my own veggies too, and plan to put a fence around the vegetable patch. I heard if it's just wire fencing about 1 meter high they won't try and fly over it, and they can't perch on it to get over if I make it just from wire and no bars or wood. Let's see...

I have 2 cochins and 2 orpingtons, all are 10 weeks old. I got them 3 weeks ago and only 2 days ago moved them to their coop, as it wasn't ready before then.

I've decided my chickens are to help with gardening and bug control under the apple trees, and if they lay an egg or two for me that's an added bonus!

Lovely to meet you here. I had a feeling I couldn't be the only English speaking chicken chica around here!

Back
Top Bottom