Anyone out there who has chicken/guinea fowl crosses?

cmsagirl

Chirping
Apr 6, 2015
I have what I think is an australorp-guinea fowl cross. I didn't breed for her, I got her as an unhatched egg with a couple others who turned out polish/australorp for my broody Dominique hen. She's deffinitely a hen, but I was wondering if she has the possibility of laying eggs in the future? Does anyone else have any chicken/guinea crosses? Any info is appreciated, thanks!

I do not have guineas, but do you have a pic?

one time my sister saw a turkey with barred rock feathering and thought it was a barred rock turkey hybrid ;)

Somewhere in this forum, theres a really great thread about Miracle, the chicken/guinea hybrid. Its definitely worth the read, even if you didn't have one. A forum search should turn it up :)
As far as I know, she should lay eggs just fine. But, don't expect to be able to hatch them (hybrids like this are sterile, like mules).

Can you please post a picture? I'd love to see her!!!

I will definitely look up miracle :) hopefully the pic comes up I've attached it here, petunia doesn't have any wild coloring but she does make guinea type noises sometimes and acts a bit differently than the other chickens. I did a Google search on guinea/chicken crosses and she looked similar to a few of them, I don't really care about hatching eggs from her, just hoping she will lay :)

Hey guys! I'm the other chicken parent in this brood, just wanted to say thanks for all the input on our little Petunia. As cmsagirl said she does make Guinea noises, she also replies and responds to them! During some free time out of the coop she walked around and I playfully made them at her, well guess who suddenly became "mama" and was followed around the farm all day?

Back
Top Bottom