1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone purchase Manderin Ducks from eFowl?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by New2TheCoop, Jan 13, 2012.

1. New2TheCoop

New2TheCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Central, LA
    I was wondering if anyone has bought Manderin Ducks from eFowl? How was your experience? Was there a minimum purchase or or were you able to just buy a pair? Any pics of your birds? How many eggs are you getting? I am very interested in getting a breeding pair, but I'm wondering if I should just seek out a local breeder? Any advice or experiences is welcomed!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. lin48

lin48 New Egg

Jan 11, 2012
    so. il.
    Never bought from efowl, but I'm going with a breeder for my mandies hooping for better quality.

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Efowl is a middle man and doesn't house/breed what they sell. It looks like you are in LA you should check with LAmike or DestinDuck or Linda Zeagler for a mandarin pair. We also have multiple pairs, but this is their first year together so I am crossing fingers hoping they do something.

4. New2TheCoop

Feb 5, 2011
    Central, LA

Thanks, I've talked to LAMike already, he's about 2 hours away. I'm in south Louisiana. But I will contact the others

5. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Welcome, Linda is in GA you can find her on here as well her web site zeaglerduckfarm.com she might still have 2011 pairs available.

DestinDuck is on here sometimes and is located in FL. Good luck on your search.

6. Kathy1313a

Kathy1313a New Egg

Jan 7, 2012
    Is it possible to just get one? Mandarin's are my favorite's by far.[​IMG]

7. New2TheCoop

Feb 5, 2011
    Central, LA

I know they sell them in pairs, I'm not sure if there is a minimum. I emailed them, I haven't gotten a response yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by