Anyone remember the polymer clay cane egg craft, step-by-step??

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by TammyTX, Sep 21, 2013.

1. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    One of our ladies posted a step-by-step of how she made polymer clay canes, sliced them, attached them to the egg and what she did to get them so shiny.

I have looked at all of my posts and searched for keywords.

There are very few sites that I post to, so I am pretty sure it was on BYC.

After doing a Google check, there are plenty of other places for the info, but I wanted this particular one.

They were beautiful. Anyone remember???

2. TammyTX

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    They were eggs like those, but this was a post on BYC and it was very detailed. I have found a lot of other how-to's on the internet, but I'm looking specifically for the BYC post.

I should have added that it was probably around 2009....? Sorry, my memory is failing me.

Thanks for looking, though. :)

3. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  4. TammyTX

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Whittni - YOU FOUND IT! That last one is it.

I am sure that used to be on BYC! It has fewer photos now, but that is it!!

Thank you!

[​IMG]

5. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

There is also this post.. has a link to an outside source.. I know it's not the one you already have listed... but it's the one I remember seeing.. .

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/689724/doin-stuff-with-eggs#post_9356550

and here's the link that was in it.. http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/satinegg.html

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I am glad I caught this! How fun. I might wedge in some time to try this myself.( I am not sure I'd use a hand gun though.-she looked alarmed. Maybe a rubber band would do the trick. [​IMG] )

7. yinepu

You'll have fun with it.. I've been selling every carved egg, painted and polymer one I can crank out!.. lol.. still have a waiting list for the holidays that I need to get finished...

8. TammyTX

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    It's funny how that post vanished from BYC but it must have happened during the migration to this newer site.

I thought they were pretty cool.

Yinepu someone mentioned that do eggs, but I didn't know you were in Texas! :)

9. yinepu

yup... been carving, painting (and polymer once it was available) for most of my life... I need to go pick up some more ostrich eggs if the breeder still has them stockpiled for me..
    And I've been in Texas for more years than I can count.. did take a "vacation" and moved up north for a bit.. but couldn't stay away for very long.. just missed Texas way too much

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by