Anyone setting eggs 1/19/11?

Whoo Hooo!!! Our eggs are hatching. Supposed to hatch the 4th, so a bit early. 6 have pipped so far and one is zipping. Others are rockin' and rollin'. So exciting. Haven't hatched eggs for years. Out of 27 eggs only 3 were clear. So can't wait to see what we get. Was a test, so will be some mixes, but should be some nice ones too. Whoot! Will post pics and videos asap.

My bator and hatcher are on overload.....they have not been shut off all year . Will have 300-400 bantams 3+ mons. on the ground!
lol.png

The 1/19 batch go to the hatcher tomorrow. 31 eggs will go to lockdown.

Our 1/22 batch were candled:

7 bantam cochins 0 (need to trim butts!)
6 RIR 4 good
20 Light Sussex (from RockinPaints-shipped) 17 good

SO out of 33 set--21 good

Going to set another batch tomorrow, when I move eggs to the hatcher. This next batch is more of our RIR, bantam cochins, and Lacy Roundhead gamefowl.

Keep us posted on how your hatches go everyone. I will let you know how ours do, hopefully by Wednesday we have some cute fuzzies too!

Christie
jumpy.gif

Humidity is holding steady at 63%. REALLY glad I put those two soaked rag balls in there! Many eggs have been rocking since the last turning at 4pm yesterday... can't wait for the first pip!
pop.gif
caf.gif
doing my best to not get " 'bator face" !!!

Im moving my broody from the smaller dog crate to the bigger wire cage today. FIL is going to cut some wood for a small box within the cage. I will need to get another heated water base, and med starter today too. Im wondering if i will miss at the pip, and rocking of eggs due to them hatching in the coop? I may have to stalk the coop lol!!!

Chickenjunkies -- Woohoo!!! When did you set your eggs?

First group of eggs headed to the hatcher, 2 more eggs quit on me so just moving 29 eggs to the hatcher.

Candled the 3rd setting tonight:

20 bantam cochin eggs 0 (in process of trimming butts!)
26 RIR 12
12 light sussex (pearly sue - shipped) 12
16 light sussex (S&S poultry - shipped) 10
12 pumpkin husely (shipped) 12
30 Ameraucana (crystalcreek -shipped) 17 but hard to see through so will candle again before tossing any.
-----------------------------------------------------------
116 eggs set---------------63 developing

Totally thrilled, we will have lots of fluffy butts soon!
Christie
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom