Anyone showing at or attending Cal Expo this year?

HHandbasket

The Chickeneer
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
El Dorado County, California
Just was wondering if anyone on this thread/forum will be showing/competing with their birds at the California State Fair/Cal Expo in July? I live in Sacramento & LOVE the Fur And Feathers exhibit every year at the fair. Now that I'm in chickenkeeping heaven myself, I'm looking forward to it now more than ever!

Soooo if you're gonna be here for the state fair in July, whether you're showing or not, we could always meet up in the Fur And Feathers exhibit building and ... talk turkey... or chicken...
yippiechickie.gif

Any takers?

Hi Hellena!
welcome-byc.gif

The fammily and I will be attending the fair this year too! We wont be showing, but I will definately be stalking the chicken area with zeal this year! I would love to meet up with a fellow chicken keeper in my area. We're outside of Sac, in Auburn, but we do get out alot.

I wonder.. are any of the chickens that are on display at the fair for sale, or are they just for show? I never looked into that before....mostly because I was never this chicken crazy!! LOL!

We went to the Sac county fair about 2 weeks ago and there was a Barred Rock that had layed a purple egg in its cage!! Of course I wanted to buy it immediatly, but I didnt know if it was for sale, or just show. Imagine.....a hen that lays purple eggs *sigh* that would be soooo cool in my egg carton!

Look for us there -> we'll be the peeps with the double stroller, 5 kids, 3 of whom are little boys, who all have red hair!

Back
Top Bottom