Anyone up for a Hatchalong?

I have eggs 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12. Eggs 8 & 9 will be day 49 tomorrow. Egg 9 is chirpping inside the egg. What do I do? It is on the bottom of the incubator along with egg 8. The other 3 are on the top shelf. I am using the Reptipro 6000. Egg 8 is no wiggling or chirpping. As eggs 2 & 5 were duds.

I have eggs 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12. Eggs 8 & 9 will be day 49 tomorrow. Egg 9 is chirpping inside the egg. What do I do? It is on the bottom of the incubator along with egg 8. The other 3 are on the top shelf. I am using the Reptipro 6000. Egg 8 is no wiggling or chirpping. As eggs 2 & 5 were duds.
I haven't gotten one of the Reptipro 6000s yet... did they address the air exchange issue? (where there is no way for incoming air unless you open the door)

I moved the ones I had in my 5000 to the modified LG for hatch just because I was worried about carbon dioxide poisoning

if they haven't fixed the air exchange issue then make sure you open that bator a lot to allow for more air since that hatching chick will benefit from the fresh air

I do have a styrofaom hatcher I made using a cooler and an IncuKit (fan & heater in one) but am afraid to move him cause if the temp fluctuates I do not want him to die on me. I waited too long for this little one LOL

I do have a styrofaom hatcher I made  using a cooler and an IncuKit (fan & heater in one) but am afraid to move him cause if the temp fluctuates I do not want him to die on me. I waited too long for this little one LOL

then make sure you open the bator frequently to allow some fresh air to get in there

if when he hatches he is very red around his eyes it's a sign that he is suffering from carbon dioxide poisoning.. so you will have to take steps to prevent it in the other chicks

Last edited:
Congrats!
woot.gif

I just hope that I will see that on my egg very soon! E wiggled hard today! So exicted!
big_smile.png
hard wiggles are a very good sign.. usually mine would wiggle a teeny bit early on.. but the closer they get to hatch they can wiggle up a storm!

How cute! Deerman when mine get big enough I will send the to you LOL. Today is day 49 for my wiggler and he/she is still wiggling and chirpping away LOL

Back
Top Bottom