Anyone use or know about pwPellets or enviva pellets

Wink

Songster
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
Texas
I was at tractor supply today.... Basic bag of equine pellets are $6.29 for a 40lb bag. The wood pellets for fuel are 40 lbs for $5.49, and are marketed as "premium fuel pellets", blend of soft and hard woods, all natural, no additives.

And also pwpellets.com, which redirects you to enviva pellets, and no real info abou their pellets, other than the company keeps acquiring other pellet businesses.

Yes, I'm trying to save a buck, but not if the second bag of pellets is quite a bit different or has ooey- gooey stuff holding it together. However, if it's the same stuff, just marketed differently, I'm in for the cheaper stuff!

The binder in fuel pellets is lignin, part of the cell walls of plants. Aside from getting the moisture content right, there are no other ingredients - just pressure to form the pellets. Lots of videos on YouTube showing the process.

I was at tractor supply today.... Basic bag of equine pellets are $6.29 for a 40lb bag. The wood pellets for fuel are 40 lbs for $5.49, and are marketed as "premium fuel pellets", blend of soft and hard woods, all natural, no additives.

And also pwpellets.com, which redirects you to enviva pellets, and no real info abou their pellets, other than the company keeps acquiring other pellet businesses.

Yes, I'm trying to save a buck, but not if the second bag of pellets is quite a bit different or has ooey- gooey stuff holding it together. However, if it's the same stuff, just marketed differently, I'm in for the cheaper stuff!
Horse pellets have to be totally free of black walnut, they don’t have to be picky with wood stove pellets.

Back
Top Bottom