Anyone want to indulge me and guess if I have some Roos?

MydearWatson

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 20, 2010
CT
I know its early, I know Orps are tricky but I figured I would throw it out there to see what I get anyway.
big_smile.png
My babies are 4 and a half weeks old.

Here is BB the Blue Orp:

s(he) is feathering just like another black orp I have.
IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

Here is Luna my Black Orp:

s(he) is feathering a LOT slower than my other two orps, pretty much just wings and those spiny things in her neck.
IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

And just for fun, my sweet, little flock of two Silkies and three Orps:
love.gif

IMG_1799.jpg

My third Orp has no wattle and a much smaller comb, but she is runty... Any early guesses on my two Orps?

Last edited:
Roo for the first one for sure.
2nd-pullet 3rd one roo

the two silkies are not silkies Im sad to say-silkies do not have straight feathers but they sure are pretty!
smile.png

According to my chicken reference book, it says to let them run in their pen and after they are used to it, toss down a hat. If they all scatter or crouch down they are pullets, if any run to the hat or act curious, likey a roo!!!
D.gif

Quote:
Awwww! Thank you, Anne!

Thanks for all the replies, keep em comin!
big_smile.png

Something tells me that my BB is a boy but who knows, I have heard Orps look like Roo's one day and the next day you are sure its a hen! This waiting game is tough!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I got them from a breeder, they have feathered feet and 5 toes, so I'm pretty sure they are. I'm not sure what straight feathers means (Im a newbie) Do they look totally different than Silkie chicks should?
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom