Anyone watching/listening to the news?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, Sep 29, 2008.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Buckle up, I think its gonna be a bumpy ride.......

2. cat

cat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    I am just watching the evening news in Ireland, sounds like you are in for a really difficult winter at least [​IMG]

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    enlighten me [​IMG]

4. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    they voted no on the bailout plan. time to buy more chickens, just in case i need to feed us this winter!

5. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    Do you think they would bail YOU out?

6. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
  7. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Glad they voted NO! Big buisness needs a kick in the rear!! IF they make stupid decsions they should fall on their behinds just like the rest of us! I hated the fact that the gov is trying to make all of us pay for those rich b@$+@&*s screw ups!!! U can't help other is if u can't even help yourself....we're trillions in debt as it is!!!

8. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    Quote:This is when you want to be self efficent, let the market ride its self out, when the cost of gas goes up and shortages hit then we know the hard times have hit us we might as well get use to it. City folks will be hit the hardest when there is no fuel for transporting food.

9. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    oh i agree with taxpayers NOT paying for all these companies stupid mistakes. but it is sort of scary. i just had someone say something interesting to me... he said someone proposed distributing the 700 billion to american citizens, roughly 297,000 dollars for each married couple. what would you do with that much money? buy a house. which might solve this problem... i think they should pay for their own mistakes, not us.

10. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:No, just wondering what the effects are gonna be now. I don't now enough about this stuff to really understand and I hate that...

On one hand, I think "let 'em sink" on the other hand I know that what affects big business also affects the normal people. Trying not to freak out here and that sounds so stupid cuz I don't know what I am freaking out about![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by