anyone with knowledge with preemie baby supplies (24 week gestation)

Quote:
My hats off to you and those who, like you care for babies like my daughter!!! You are right but diapers are a must have! I contacted pampers and huggies directly when i had a problem finding preemie size once she came home. They both sent me several packs of diapers as well as coupons to use later. The hospital should have "accounts" with pampers or huggies or whatever the diaper manufacturers are there, they most likely have packs for full term babies, they should be able to get preemie sizes from their reps as well. The NICU we used, wouldnt allow for "preemie" pacifiers, the docs all stated that thy make them dependant on the small nipple and don't do well with bottles as it's super hard to find a preemie nipple.

Hi. I've been a preemie nurse for 19 years. You might try Amazon.com for preemie clothes, or look for a preemie support group on line that can guide you. Babies R us is a good suggestion. But look online, it's time saving and easy.

Don't buy too many-they outgrow them real fast. Same with the diapers. They will be in regular diapers when they leave the hospital as preemie diapers may fit better, but they won't keep the baby dry enough.

My friend finds alot of like-new preemie clothes at the Salvation Army for like $2.00.

Preemies will grow super fast once they're home.

Gowns that open in the front or bottom are a very smart idea and the nurses will appreciate it.

Congrats!!! It's a long haul with ups and downs, and alot of gas back and forth to the hospital. I would really like updates!!!

I wouldn't buy preemie diapers until you are sure they will need them at discharge.
Almost all of our babies are in newborn or 1's by the time they go home.
They can't wear clothes until they are about 3 pounds, but wouldn't need many. On our unit we have a ENTIRE ROOM full of donated clothes, so many babies just wear our stock until the are ready to go home.
We also avoid 'preemie' nipples and start the babies on newborn slow flow nipples. Most of these issues will be dealt with closer to home going time.

Back
Top Bottom