Anything photography Thread

Pics
0BE80F85-4A3F-4DA9-9D2A-3DF3489EB313.jpeg
BFCF6CE1-63CC-4EE1-8105-455DFD2699A5.jpeg

My friend’s horse, Foxy.

Here are some of my recent pictures.

I tried getting some pictures of the moon:
View attachment 2778937View attachment 2778939View attachment 2778941View attachment 2778943
Cool pics, I like astrophotography. Full moons are fun to photograph but you don't get near as much as detail as you do when you have a quarter moon.

Here is a pic of a full moon I photographed a few years ago. If you zoom in you can see there's not much detail....

IMG_6695.JPG

And here's a quarter moon shot with the same camera/lens. The shadows in the craters add a lot more detail.....

2020-11-28 22.00.11.jpg

Last edited:
Cool pics, I like astrophotography. Full moons are fun to photograph but you don't get near as much as detail as you do when you have a quarter moon.

Here is a super blood moon I photographed a few years ago....

View attachment 2781414

And here's a quarter moon shot with the same camera/lens. The shadows add a lot more detail.....

View attachment 2781416
What’s the key to photographing things so far away? I’ve never tried anything past something I couldn’t eventually reach out and touch. Distance photos like this seem like a whole different playing field!

What’s the key to photographing things so far away? I’ve never tried anything past something I couldn’t eventually reach out and touch. Distance photos like this seem like a whole different playing field!
You need a telephoto lens. The longer the better but not as big as you might think. I use the same lens I use for photographing wildlife. It is a 400mm lens. I also have a 1.4x teleconverter that I occasionally use which turns my 400mm lens into a 560mm lens (I used it in those pics). I think Alyssa-Bee is using a 300mm lens on her moon pics....

The moon is pretty easy because it is so bright. You can actually take good pictures of it by simply handholding the camera. Taking pics of distant stars, planets, and nebulae will require a tripod because you have to take longer exposures to let in more light....

Last edited:
You need a telephoto lens. The longer the better but not as big as you might think. I use the same lens I use for photographing wildlife. It is a 400mm lens. I also have a 1.4x teleconverter that I occasionally use which turns my 400mm lens into a 560mm lens (I used it in those pics). I think Alyssa-Bee is using a 300mm lens on her moon pics....

The moon is pretty easy because it is so bright. You can actually take good pictures of it by simply handholding the camera. Taking pics of distant stars, planets, and nebulae will require a tripod because you have to take longer exposures to let in more light....
I’ve taken a few of the moon but obviously it wasn’t zoomed in. Makes sense to have lenses like that to capture fine details close up. If I ever do get any lenses like that I’d love to try and get some shots of the Milky Way!

Back
Top Bottom