Toy poodles are so funny to me because
1619016393342.png

They look like they're not real lol

No, there isn't. Australian shepherds have one size that is accepted by the AKC, that stands 18-23 inches at the shoulder. Miniature american shepherds are the same dog but a separate breed, and stand 13-18 inches. Toy australian shepherds are a 'designer breed' and are crossed wit chihuahuas. Anyone selling a 'Miniature Australian Shepherd' Isn't breeding to standard and is selling 'designer dogs'.
That is untrue. Mini aussies dont have to be mixed with a smaller breed, although common. Mini aussies actually originated from breeding small statured pure bred Australian Shepherds, and are still bred as such, they just cant be registered as an Australian shepherd because of the breed standard size and stature so they decided to give it another name and make it registerable with its own breed name. Yes, some breeders of the Miniature American Shepherd slowly added smaller breed genes here and there, but not all, and them and both pure bred are both considered and accepted as Mini American Shepherds.

What do you think about toy poodles? They are very very smart, active, usually love to cuddle, make great therapy dogs, and poodles typically love water. Yes, toy poodles can be yappy, but so can any other breed. You just have to train them right, which I know you can do.
I love poodles!!!

That is untrue. Mini aussies dont have to be mixed with a smaller breed, although common. Mini aussies actually originated from breeding small statured pure bred Australian Shepherds, and are still bred as such, they just cant be registered as an Australian shepherd because of the breed standard size and stature so they decided to give it another name and make it registerable with its own breed name. Yes, some breeders of the Miniature American Shepherd slowly added smaller breed genes here and there, but not all, and them and both pure bred are both considered and accepted as Mini American Shepherds.
They were saying the toy ones were mixed I think not the minis. Although some of the minis are too depending on the dog

I didn't say that the miniatures are mixed, I said that they're not bred to standard, like long haired corgis.

I didn't say that the miniatures are mixed, I said that they're not bred to standard, like long haired corgis.
Yes, but you also stated that they were mixed with chihuahuas, or other small designer breeds. I just find that saying that can be misleading because mini aussies originated by breeding small size pure Australian Shepherds, not mixes. Wich are both accepted with the mini American shepherd breed standards today, but they originally started with "bad" (small) sizing genetics instead of actually mixing different breeds to create the small size.

Back
Top Bottom