1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Apparently I throw like a girl.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChooksChick, Nov 3, 2009.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Stupid hawk hanging out in my backyard, 15 feet above me, ignoring the dirt clods I threw at it from my garden- whizzing right past it's head and it just looks at me! Jerk! I even hit it with one and it just looked at me, GIANT, as if to say, "Silly little woman. You'll have to do better than that. I finally felt secure enough that everyone was protected to run and let out the dogs, but by then I'd sprained my arm throwing stuff at it. Blasted hawk!

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Sorry, had to laugh at your story. Your great sense of humor really shows when you type. I have to admit, I throw like a girl too & don't hit my targets when throwing rocks at the neighbor's dogs that are coming over to get a free chicken meal either. [​IMG]

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

I go through the same thing when I throw things at the raccoons. One day I got so mad that I wasn't hitting them with enough oomph, that I ran upstairs and grabbed two boxes of canned corn. I didn't hit a single one and the entire family of the little terrors just sat there looking at me like I was lame. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG]

5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Ummm...yeah. I managed to break a car window throwing rocks from my garden into the driveway. The driveway is approximately 25' wide and 100' long. Still nailed the tiny little car and the tiny little, very expensive side window. [​IMG]

I feel your pain. Try the garden hose next time. Wider spray and better odds. [​IMG]

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Oh, I tried the hose. Even on the Jet setting it wouldn't shoot high enough...by then it had moved to another tree and sat looking at me, occasionally picking its teeth. I got the chlorinated water directly in my pond, because it chose to perch above my goldfish- so I had to QUICK- add de-chlorinator! before my fish got sick...the neighbor had a guy painting his garage who must've been dying at this goofy lady running around mumbling, "Really, I like hawks, just not in my yard! Go away, dangit!!"

I'm thinking about a slingshot or a water cannon...

7. Make a statement, go for a real cannon then see who gets the last laugh! [​IMG]

Steve in NC

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009

8. rainplace

I want a paintball gun... mostly for the dogs that run around without leashes. You track down the owner and they say, "My dog never leaves the yard." With paint on it that would be a bit hard to get away with... However, I would probably squeeze the trigger like a girl too [​IMG]

9. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Free Ranging

Feb 2, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    My sister was a better shot with a .22 than me. Sorry but I do not accept "throw like a girl", "squeeze (a trigger) like a girl", any of that, as a legitimate excuse. Even before women's lib, I knew girls were as capable as they wanted to be. Makes me wonder what Sis would have done if she had a paintball gun....

10. rainplace

well i know plenty of people that "throw like a girl" men and women. it's just a phrase. as a woman, it doesn't bother me in the least.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by