Apparently "Lady Gaga" is no Lady,...

tri-5-ron

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2010
Orange County
Hi all,
It's been a while since I've been around, but I have always found great information here from knowledgeable members.
I have a question about Re-homing our "Lady Gaga", who apparently should have been named "Mr. Gaga".

He?/She?, is approx. 3 months old, and is showing signs of being a rooster.
(I live in the city limits, and am not allowed to keep roosters).
He appears to be trying to "Crow", ..Flapping his wings, puffing his chest, challenging others, lowering his head, stomping his feet, and occaisionally jumping up to strike the others with his feet. (like in a Cock-fight).
It only lasts one or two jumps, and is not really that aggressive, or dangerous.
to Humans, he is very calm and docile, and has never challenged me or anyone else.
Of course this can also be, only because he is still so young.

As I have been known to be very opinionated about the potential dangers of an aggressive rooster, and my position is to waste no time, in getting rid of any potentially dangerous birds,... my position has not changed on that.
This is not the case here.
He has not shown ANY aggression towards any human.
It's simply a matter of, if he starts Crowing , I could have some issues to deal with involving neighbors, city ordinances, etc.

I hate to have to give him/her up, as he/she is a BEAUTIFUL bird, but I don't want to have any neighbors complaining, as I already have more hens than is allowed by the local ordinances. (Allowed 5, and I have 11).

so I find myself needing to take action before a problem arises, and look for a home for him.
I suppose the best thing to do is to place a Craigslist ad, but I don't know if I should try to sell him,.. and what would be a reasonable asking price for him ? $10 ?, $20 ?, $30 ?, $40 ?,....(I may just end up giving him away to a good home, IF I feel good about the person interested). My thinking is,... If I WAS to ask a price for him,.. that might deter some of the flaky folks that have a tendency to "cruise" on craigslist.

What are your thoughts on this ?
I am not trying to place a "For sale" ad here on the forums, and I don't want to break any rules here.
So if this is not allowed, please feel free to delete this posting... and I completely understand.

The bird in question is a approx. 3 month old, Silver Silkie, (Bearded), here are some pics...

Last edited:
Oh GREAT !

at 10:30 tonight, "Cruela DeVille", (My white Naked Neck Silkie), started crowing constantly for about 15 minutes straight.
I had to take him into the garage, put him in the big brooder box, and turn out all lights to get him to quiet down.
looks like I've got 2 roosters to get rid of now !
Dang it ! ! !
My daughter is not very happy about this.

Well if you want to get rid of it you could put it on craiglist, you could list it on this sight also you could post a note at your local feed and pet store also. I don't know anything about that type of bird I guess you could try asking $10.00.

Cruella is beautiful, you won't have any problem at all getting rid of him. I wish I were closer, I would take him
love.gif

OK,.. any and all doubt has now officially been removed.
Cruela is crowing his tail off at the most conveinent time possible,.... 3:am ???
and this is in the dark garage, in a large plywood brooder box, no light, cover on box, etc.

Bird must go.
Bird must go now.

Is there anybody in the Southern California, (Orange County area), who would like to adopt him ?

btw,
We are still kind of sitting on the fence with Lady Gaga.
Not sure if it's a He, or a She,.... or a He/She ???
I don't think even Lady Gaga knows yet ! lol

Last edited:
he is lovely!
have you tried putting this on the Silkie link? they may be able to help you...I feel for you as it also happened to me, although 3am?! That is hilarious! My husband would be furious, although, as my neighbour says, 'if you are sleeping you dont hear it' - her husband disagrees!!
Good luck.

I don't know where to find the Silkie thread.
Feel free to post a link to this thread.

I'm going to bed now. It's 's 12:48am, which means only 2 more hours till the "show" begins.
GRrrrrr,..... Dang BIRD !!!

worthy of note here,
My fish never crow at 3am !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom